Valentine’s day is the day to indulge in romance with your significant someone, but if you’re looking to stay tooth-friendly while indulging your sweet tooth, here are a few ideas for some sugar-free treats.
Chocolate Cake (yeah, that’s right, it’s sugar free)
- 2 cups of brown rice flour or teff flour
- One cup of unsweetened chocolate
- One and a half teaspoon of baking soda
- Half tsp salt
- One and a half cups of boiling water
- Quarter cup of virgin coconut oil
- One cup each of prunes and dates
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Rehydrate the prunes in boiling water for about 15 minutes. Add the prunes with water along with coconut oil, dates, apple cider vinegar and vanilla into a food processor and blend well. Mix all the dry ingredients and add the wet mixture onto this. Pour the batter into the greased pans and bake for around 25-30 minutes.
- 100 ml of vegetable oil or dairy-free vegan spread
- Quarter cup cocoa powder
- I cup of Teff flour or sorghum flour
- Half cup of fruit puree such as apple sauce
- Half cup of dates
- Half cup each of walnuts, pecans and raisins
Dates should be churned once or twice in the food processor so that they break into smaller pieces. Melt the chocolate first and add oil to this and then add the dates, apple sauce and the dry ingredients. Add the nuts and the raisin now and all you need to do is microwave it for around 6 minutes!
- One cup of Teff flour or sorghum flour, grated carrots and dates or raisins
- 2 tsp of orange juice
- One cup of grape seed oil or dairy-free vegan spread
- One tsp of baking powder and a half tsp of baking soda
- Half cup of chopped pecans
- Half tsp of salt
Mix all the wet ingredients along with dates or raisins in a big bowl and mix the dry ingredients together in another bowl. Slowly, add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix it well until the mixture becomes smooth. Into this add the carrots and pecans and add a big spoonful of them into the standard muffin pan and bake it at 350 degree F for about 30 minutes.