Choosing a dentist is a very important decision. Whether you’re new in town or looking for someone new, we can help you find a dentist that works best for you and your family.
There are lots of things to keep in mind when looking for a dentist. Some questions you should be asking yourself include:
- Where is the office in relation to my home, school, or office?
- Is the dentist good with children?
- How is the staff at the dentist’s office? Friendly and helpful?
- What are the office hours? Is the dentist open on weekends?
- Does the dentist accept my current insurance plan?
- What kind of education does the dentist have? Where did he or she study?
- How often does the dentist attend conferences or seminars to help further his education in dentistry?
- What kind of medicine/anesthesia does the dentist use during or after treatment?
- What if I have an emergency? Will the dentist be accommodating to my last minute needs?
- How does the dentist handle payments? Are there any hidden fees? Free consultations?
Here are some tips to help you find a dentist according to the American Dental Association (ADA):
- Talk to your family doctor or your local pharmacist to see if they might have any suggestions
- Ask a family member, friend, co-worker, or neighbor to see if they have any recommendations
- If you’re moving to another city, state, or even country, you should talk to your current dentist to see if they have any colleagues there
- The ADA also provides a list of dentists by city and state on their website. You can contact your local dental society to find out what they recommend.
You can also contact us to see if we’d be a fit for you. We’d be happy to chat. Give us a call today!