Your local dentist knows a whole lot more than simply how to provide the best oral health care services for your family – just try us. For instance, did you know that if you put your finger in your ear and scratch is sounds just like Pac-Man? It’s true!
Hey, we’re not all about advocating oral health – sometimes we like to have fun too. Check out some of our favorite facts that sound like some major whoppers but are actually true!
- Have you ever noticed the YKK on the end of your zipper? This actually stands for ‘Yoshida Kogyo Kabushikigaisha’. Bet you can’t say that five times fast … or maybe at all.
- Anne Frank, Martin Luther King and Barbra Walters were all born in the same year. That’s 1929, just for the record.
- Have you ever wondered where the name Jessica originated? Turns out Shakespeare brought this into existence with his famed play Merchant of Venice.
- Now here is something truly bizarre – Cleopatra lived closer to the invention of the iPhone that she did the construction of the Great Pyramid.
- Earth to Sputnik – the country of Russia has a greater overall surface area than that of Pluto. Oh, and hate to burst your bubble, but you’re not really considered a planet these days, Pluto.
- Hippos produce pink milk … you’re welcome.
- Have you ever wondered what Barbie’s full name is? It’s Barbara Millicent Roberts. Doesn’t quite roll of the tongue, though.
- Cookie Monster has a real name and it is Sid. Mind, blown.
- Carrots originally start out as a purple vegetable – which makes them purple then orange. They must be pretty big fans of the Phoenix Suns.
- A blue whale has a heart so big, your average human could literally swim through the arteries. Not that we’d recommend that sort of thing.